A very delicious and nutritious Iranian food that is easy and quick to prepare, you can use fresh barberry or dry barberry in this dish.
In Iran, this dish is prepared in different ways, and we will show you an example of this food below
- vegetables (parsley, dill, coriander, lettuce, spring onion ends), 1 kg
- eggs, 4 large
- barberry, one spoon
- crushed walnut (optional), one spoon
- baking soda, one teaspoon
- wheat flour, one spoon
- cooking oil
- black pepper
Wash vegetables and rinse thoroughly. Chop finely and fry in oil for about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
Beat eggs well, then add baking soda, salt, black pepper, flour, barberry and walnuts. Add vegetables and mix well.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan until it is hot. Pour in the mix, flatten the surface with the back of a spoon, and place the lid on. Reduce heat and fry for about 10 minutes, until kookoo is cooked under. Cut radially into 4 equal pieces, turn over, and fry for another 10 minutes
The benefits and properties of this food for the body:
- The fiber in this food will reduce cholesterol in the food and in the body. The way fiber stays in the stomach for a longer time and absorbs the cholesterol in the stomach and removes it from the body during the elimination process.
- This food is rich in folic acid. Folic acid plays an important role in blood formation in the body.
- Eggs contain protein, the nutritional value of which is higher than meat and legumes